Strozzapreti Pesto Rosso Sweet Chilli Chicken
1. Place the pasta into a pan of boiling salted water and cook for about 8 minutes, leaving a nice bite strain into a colander and drizzle with olive oil.
2. In one pan you can cook this dish from start to finish. Heat a pan with a dash of olive oil and fry off the chicken strips with salt and pepper until they are browned on one side.
3. Turn over the chicken and then add the onions, fry until everything is golden brown.
4. Add the garlic and vegetable stock to deglaze the pan, reduce the stock.
5. Add the red pesto, sweet chilli and crème fraiche and bring to a simmer.
6. Add the warm pasta and toss, check the seasoning. Adjust with a little fresh lemon juice if needed and finish with ripped up fresh basil.
400g great quality stozzapreti pasta
1 large red onion (finely sliced)
4 spring onions (finely sliced)
4 free range chicken breasts (skinned and cut into 2cm strips)
4 tbsp sweet chilli dressing
6 tbsp crème fraiche
2 tbsp red pesto
1 tbsp garlic
80ml vegetable sock